The Ted Rogers MBA Black Graduate Leadership Award, presented by Ryerson University Scholarship, was created to support full-time or flexible full-time Black graduate scholars pursuing their academics at the Ted Rogers School of Management.
This is a fantastic chance for international students to participate in the 2023–2024 Canadian academic year. The award covers any MBA-level business administration courses offered by Ryerson University. The scholarship application deadline is February 18, 2024. These financial aid packages lessen some of the graduate school costs while also honoring outstanding leadership and civic engagement.
Ryerson University – About
A public university conducting research, Ryerson University is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Although it also has facilities somewhere in downtown Toronto, the school’s primary campus is in the Garden District. The university has seven academic divisions or faculties: the faculties of Arts, community services, communication and design, engineering and architectural science, science, law, and Management, as well as the Faculties of Science and Engineering. These faculties have been divided into more manageable departments and schools.
Egerton Ryerson, who made a notable contribution to the design of the Canadian public school system and the system of residential schools for Canadian Indians, was the inspiration for the name Ryerson, which was given to the university in 1948 as the Ryerson Institute of Technology.
It received legal recognition under provincial law in 1964 and changed its name to Ryerson Polytechnical Institute. When the institution was given limited authority to award degrees in the 1970s, it was reorganized into a full-fledged university in 1993 and given the new name Ryerson Polytechnic University.
Many years after the university’s graduate school was created, in 2002, the university adopted its current name, “Ryerson University.” The university announced on August 26th, 2021 that it would receive a name in recognition of Egerton Ryerson’s role in the residential school system, however, the new name of the institution has not yet been chosen or made public.
Ryerson University Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Institution: Ryerson University
- Program: MBA
- Course: Business Administration
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Country: Canada
- Deadline: 02/18/2024
Benefits of Ryerson University Scholarship
The following advantages will be provided to Ryerson University Scholarship recipients:
Starting with the school year 2023–2024, the disposable funds will grant roughly three (3) rewards of $10,000 per year. For the Fall/Winter terms, eligible students will have access to the award’s funding.
Eligibility for Ryerson University Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the Ryerson University Scholarship, applicants must fulfill the conditions listed below:
- Eligible Nationalities: All nationalities
- Applicants who have been admitted to the Flex Full-Time MBA Programme or the Ted Rogers MBA Full-Time and who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents/landed immigrants, or protected individuals who have been issued a Protected Persons Status Document (PPSD).
- Self-identified Black applicants are also welcome to apply.
How to Apply Ryerson University Scholarship
Please follow the instructions below if you want to apply for a Ryerson University scholarship:
- Write a 500-word statement outlining your leadership and involvement in the community.
- Ensure your financial necessity by completing a budget form.
- Sign-off on declaration.
- After enrolling in the MBA program, students must complete the PDF form for the Ted Rogers MBA Black Graduate Leadership Awards. It includes their 500-word statement, budget form, and declaration (opens in new window).
- Following that, students would scan and email this form to email@example.com. By the initial consideration date of February 18th, 2024, the subject line to be utilized is “Ted Rogers MBA Black Graduate Leadership Award”. Continually after the first deadline for evaluation, award entries will be evaluated dependent on funding availability.
Visit the official website to learn more about the Ryerson University Scholarship.