Deadline for applications:: 22 September 2023 (20:00 EDT)
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program offers support to the top postdoctoral candidates from around the world who will significantly advance the nation’s social, economic, and scientific advancement.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s goals are to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Enhance their leadership capacity
- Put them in a position to succeed as the future research leaders.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
There are over 140 current awards at any given moment, with 70 fellowships given out annually.
Fellowships are equally distributed to:
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
$70,000 per year (taxable)
2 years (non-renewable)
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is distinctive in that it places a strong emphasis on the interdependence of:
- The applicant – their own merit and capability to begin a fruitful research-intensive career; and
- The host institution – their dedication to the research program and adherence to the strategic aims of the organization
An application for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship must be completed in full cooperation with the university that will serve as the applicant’s host institution.
For Additional Information