The University of British Columbia (UBC) is recognized as one of Canada’s foremost establishments, celebrated for its exceptional academic standards, pioneering research, and lively campus atmosphere.
UBC, located in Vancouver and Okanagan Valley, has a wide array of programs, which draw students from all over the world. The university’s dedication to innovation and inquiry-based learning is a source of pride, offering a comprehensive educational experience that extends beyond traditional classroom settings. The university’s exceptional staff, cutting-edge facilities, and abundant research prospects foster a dynamic atmosphere that motivates students to investigate, challenge, and exceed in their academic pursuits.
UBC demonstrates its commitment to promoting a comprehensive educational experience through its diverse range of extracurricular activities, volunteer programs, and community involvement initiatives. The university prioritizes diversity and inclusivity, fostering a supportive and welcoming environment for students of diverse cultural origins. UBC prioritizes comprehensive growth and critical thinking, equipping students not just for prosperous jobs but also for making significant contributions to society as conscientious global citizens.
- Host University: University of British Columbia\
- Host Country: Canada
- Study Level: PhD and Masters
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Scholarship Worth: $18,000
- Eligible Countries: International Students
- Application Deadline: June 1st, 2024
The Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship program cordially invites highly motivated overseas students who are studying Masters and PhD degrees in various subjects at the prestigious University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada.
Prospective scholars can anticipate an enticing financial assistance package, offering a substantial annual stipend of up to $18,000. This financial assistance not only facilitates the initiation of the educational journey but also alleviates the financial burden commonly associated with pursuing higher education. As students embark on their academic journey, this support serves as the entryway to exploring a multitude of opportunities and meaningful experiences at their university.
The University of British Columbia Graduate Scholarship Program has specific criteria that must be met in order to be eligible. These criteria include:
- Enrollment: Prospective applicants must be currently enrolled or have been accepted into a Master’s or Doctoral program at the university for the academic year 2024-2025.
- Academic Progress: Applicants must be enrolled in either their initial year of a Master’s program or their initial or second year of a Doctoral program.
- Past Recipients: This scholarship is usually a single occurrence, and previous awardees are not eligible to reapply.
- Area of Study: The selection committee assesses research projects in particular disciplines to ensure their pertinence.
- Full-Time Enrollment: Applicants must be currently enrolled or officially accepted as full-time students in their graduate degree program.
Students are advised to contact their respective graduate schools to ascertain the application deadline. Engaging in this practice enables individuals to comprehend the appropriate timing and methods for implementation, granting them a competitive edge in preparedness and the ability to circumvent unforeseen issues.
In order to complete the application process, students are required to collect various papers, including a professionally prepared cover letter, evidence of enrollment or acceptance, a comprehensive research proposal, official academic transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV). Each document showcases unique aspects of the student, such as their suitability, educational background, and contributions they may make.
To access more information, please visit the official website of the university at: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/rio-tinto-graduate-scholarship-program