The University of Toronto’s Jess Hann Bursary Fund Scholarship is now accepting applications. It is recommended that interested candidates should submit their applications before the deadline.
About The University of Toronto and Scholarship
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the University of Toronto, sometimes known as UToronto or U of T, is a highly esteemed public research university. It is situated on the land that surrounds Queen’s Park. The university’s lengthy history started in 1827 when it was founded as King’s College, Upper Canada’s first postsecondary institution, under a royal charter. The Church of England used to run the institution, but in 1850 it became independent and changed its name to something secular.
Eleven distinct colleges make up the University of Toronto, a collegiate institution with a unique past, personality, and level of institutional and financial autonomy. The institution operates out of three campuses: the largest and oldest campus, St. George, is located in Toronto’s downtown. Additionally, there are two satellite campuses in Scarborough and Mississauga.
The University of Toronto offers a broad range of academic programs, with over 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate degrees. It is well known for having among the highest annual endowments and funding for science among Canadian universities. Notably, it is one of only two non-American universities that are members of the prestigious Association of American Universities, along with McGill University in Canada. The University of Toronto has significantly advanced literary criticism and communication theory through the esteemed Toronto School.
The University of Toronto has the largest student body in all of Canada, with over 97,000 enrolled. Owing to its outstanding academic curriculum, the university consistently ranks among the best universities worldwide. In the 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Ranking), it ranked first in Canada and 22nd internationally. The university was ranked first in Canada and twenty-first globally in the 2023 QS World University Rankings. Furthermore, the University of Toronto was placed first in Canada and 18th worldwide in the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The university was placed #1 in the country in the reputation survey and second in the 2022–2023 Medical Doctoral University category by Maclean’s, a Canadian magazine.
Jess Hann Busary Fund Scholarship Description
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Toronto, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: $600
- Number of Awards: None
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Host Institution: University of Toronto, Canada
In order to be eligible for the University of Toronto Jess Hann Bursary Fund Scholarship, applicants are advised to fulfill the following requirements:
- Engage in any program offered by the University of Toronto.
- Show that you are in need of money
- If at least one of your parents was born in Italy.
- For Autumn 2023–Winter 2024, new: All in-course rewards will be awarded during the Winter semester. The deadline for applications is Thursday, February 1, 2024, at 5 p.m. All you have to do is send in one application. You may apply for multiple awards on a single U of T Student Award Application Form. Please check the criteria before selecting the winner. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
- A letter of award will be emailed to awardees by the University’s Registrar’s Office one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter, which should be kept for future use, will contain payment information.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024.